In my church last week, the congregation tearfully said good-bye to two friends who had been dedicated and committed servants in our church. So as we said good bye to our faithful servants, it made me think about a recent sermon (http://www.stjohnsmcc.org/CityOnaHill/podcasts/512-sermon–if-god-says-its-okay-its-okay-1100.html) I heard, and I wondered; what will be the next thing in our departing friends’ lives.
Are you ready to answer that question for yourself? We traditionally said that God is going to do a new thing, but I am here to tell you that God is ready to do the next thing in your lives.
What is the next thing that God has for you? Oh, by the way, it may be new to you; but to God it is the next thing. So what’s the next thing for you?
- To start that business you have dreamed about
- To write that book or to start that special blog
- To start that new job in a far away place
- To be that special friend to someone who needs a confidant or to the one who is grieving
- To take on a leadership role in your job, your neighborhood or your faith community, or
- To move aside so someone new can lead in a new way, or
- To take time for a little respite to rejuvenate and wait on for your new assignment.
If you still unsure just be patient, be confident in God’s timing. God will let you know; for “who knows whether you have come to your position for such a time as this?” (Esther 4:14). Yes, this may be your time, to do the unthinkable, to do the next thing God has ordained for you. So slow down; take a deep breath and get ready for the next thing.
One thought on “Not a New Thing, But the Next Thing”
“That was so timely for me Tony as seasons change…
Thank you… A next thing…
God bless” Sheila
A comment from Sheila that was loss due to continuing editing by the author. It is displayed for others to see.
Comments are closed.